Everything bagels latke Recipe
For the latkes:
- 1.5kg russet potatoes
- 1 small onion, white or yellow
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- ¾ cup potato starch or all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tsp kosher salt (1 tsp if your Everything Bagel seasoning includes salt)
For the toppings:
- 170g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives or scallion
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Thinly sliced smoked salmon (about 150 – 200g)
- Everything bagel season, as needed for garnish
- Peel the potatoes, and place in a large bowl of cold water until ready to shred. Peel the onion and cut it in half.
- Using the medium-sized hole on a grater, shred the onions and potatoes
- Squeeze out excess moisture from the potatoes and onions.
- Add the eggs, garlic, potato starch, Everything Bagel Seasoning, and salt. Mix well
- Fill a large pan with 2 cm oil. Prepare a cooling tray with paper towels on top. Spoon servings of the latke mixture into the hot oil, press down to form an oval shape. Fry on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to cooling tray and sprinkle with a little extra salt. Alternatively use an airfryer
- For the topping: Combine cream cheese, dill, chives and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- To assemble: Top each latke with the topping, place a piece of smoked salmon over cheese and sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning